Benjamin Ross Hayden has been a member of AMPIA since 2011. The young filmmaker is an ambitious creator with a distinct visual style and an interest in futuristic narratives. Hayden was recently selected as a finalist for the 2015-2016 Telefilm Micro Budget Production Program and his feature film will be moving into production this fall.
Great news for Alberta Producer Amy Darling this weekend! The feature film Violent (Media Darling) received nine Leo Awards including Best Motion Picture. This film was shot in Canada and Norway and was was showcased at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival.
Read an interview with Executive Producer and AMPIA Board Member Amy Darling here:
Congratulations to Anaid Productions who received an award for Best Direction in their Vancouver production The Liquidator.
The 2015 Leo Awards took place in Vancouver on Sunday, June 14 and are a Project of the Motion Picture Arts & Sciences Foundation of British Columbia. www.leoawards.com
The Alberta Media Production Industries Association (AMPIA), On Screen Manitoba and New Media Manitoba are teaming up to offer their members attending the 2015 Banff World Media Festival exclusive access to meet with industry executives for 1-on-1 meetings. Meeting spots will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis with a maximum of two meetings per member.
The following executives are confirmed:
- Nicole DeFusco, Head of Alternative Programming / VP, Programming & Development, Sundance TV
- David Eilenberg, SVP Unscripted & Business Development, TNT/TBS
- Ian Friedman, VP Original Programming and Development, Comedy Central
- Meghan Hooper-White, VP Acquisitions for Lifetime, A+E Networks
- Rashida Jeeva, General Manager, The Huffington Post
- Christopher Keenan, VP Creative & Executive Producer, HIT Entertainment
- Hilary Leavitt, Scripted Development Executive, BBC America
- Paul Ricci SVP/Head, Programming & Development, MTV
- Grant Ross, EVP, Global Creative Development & Format Acquisition, ZodiakMedia
- Thomas von Hennet, VP International Co-Production & Documentaries, ProSiebenSat.1 TV Deutschland
In order to request a meeting, please send the list of your top four executives to Catherine Dulude at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon May 26. We will do our best to accommodate your request. Each meeting will be 15 minutes and must be pre-booked.
When: Monday June 8, 2015, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Where: Ivor Petrak Room, Banff Springs Hotel