At the 2015 David Billington Award presentation to Gil Cardinal, a legacy fund was announced. We are pleased to be able to share the details with you now.
Each year a grant valued at $2,500 will be awarded to an emerging aboriginal filmmaker to help make a demo for their first film, short film, web or television project. Applications are now open.
Deadline to submit is September 15, 2016.
- You are an emerging aboriginal filmmaker (producer or director) who resides in Alberta. This Grant is specifically intended to assist in preparation of a professional demo or sizzle reel that would enable a project to be considered for development for theatre, broadcast, mobile or web.
- Applicants must provide two letters of reference from accredited production professionals, from academic institutions or from supporters of their project.
- All submissions must include the following documents:
– A one page detailed synopsis that explains what the project is.
– A proposed schedule detailing how the demo will be developed.
– A proposed budget for the demo with any additional financial support clearly indicated
– A cover letter outlining your passion for this project
– Bio of applicant
- All genres except “reality” are eligible.
- Decisions will be made by a 3-person independent, arms-length, jury.
- Deadline for applications is September 15th with decisions announced no later than November 30, 2016.
- Priority will be given to well-written, professionally presented and properly organized submissions.
Welcome Rosie Nominees and Guests of this year’s Alberta Film & Television Awards! Here are some quick links to get you prepared for the big night!
Saturday, May 7, 2016
Hyatt Regency Imperial Ballroom
700 Centre Street South East
Rosie Reception – 5:30pm
Dinner and Show – 6:30 – 9:30pm
Purchase Rosie Gala Tickets
Regular – $165.00 | Premium – $190.00
Regular – $190.00 | Premium – $220.00
Student (Full Time)
Regular – $105.00
Click here to purchase tickets
Gala tickets are held at the will call table during the Rosie Reception.
Book Your Room at the Hyatt
Connect With AMPIA
Photos of the Rosies Gala will be available after the event on the AMPIA Facebook page. Be sure to tag yourself!
Take a look at some of last year’s photos.
Questions? Please call the AMPIA office 780-944-0707.