AMPIA is seeking a Communications and Membership Coordinator to join our team here in Edmonton.
Responsibilities will include:
- Updating the AMPIA website on a weekly basis;
- Writing, editing & layout of the weekly Members’ Newsletter;
- Writing Media Releases and maintaining Media Relations;
- Disseminating information about the Association & Member benefits;
- Marketing of the Association including advertising as needed;
- Maintaining Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.);
- Additional communications tasks as required.
- Assisting with AMPIA Members’ inquiries including processing Membership applications and renewals;
- Management of Membership database and Newsletter databases;
- Assisting with duties related to all AMPIA events, including the Rosie Awards, Story Summit and other Professional Development and Networking events;
- Answering inquiries arising from mail, e-mail, phone, and in-person visits;
- Additional administrative tasks as required.
- Excellent verbal, written and editorial communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital communications tools and practices.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively with a diverse team that includes multiple partners.
- Ability to respond well to pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
- Self-motivated, creative thinker with outstanding troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word Press and Social Media.
- Familiarity with graphic design software an asset.
- University degree in a related field an asset.
- Marketing experience an asset.
Please ensure your letter of interest and résumé is received by AMPIA by email (email@example.com) no later than 4:00 PM, Friday October 6, 2017.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Please note: only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.