The reception for the Edmonton Film & Music Prizes will be held on Tuesday, January 30 from 4:30 – 6:30 pm. Join host Brent Oliver along with presenter Mayor Don Iveson and guest speaker MLA David Shepherd at Metro Cinema.
On Wednesday, December 20, AMPIA announced the shortlist for the Edmonton Film Prize. Sponsored by the City of Edmonton through the Edmonton Arts Council, this annual prize recognizes superior work by Edmonton-based directors and producers.
This year’s shortlist, in alphabetical order:
- Abigaelle et la date coaching (Nominee: Jessica L’Heureux)
- Chasing Evel: The Robbie Knievel Story (Nominee: Adam Scorgie)
- I Got Rhythm: The Science of Song (Nominee: Connie Edwards)
- Jelena (Nominee: Pollyanna Hardwicke-Brown)
- Squeaks & Cheeks 2 (Nominee: Rebecca Campbell)
- Thousand Yard Stare (Nominee: Aaron Kurmey)
The Edmonton Arts Council, in collaboration with Alberta Media Production Industries Association (AMPIA) and Alberta Music, invite you to attend the awards reception for the 2017 Edmonton Film and Music Prizes. Join us from 4:30 – 6:30 at Metro Cinema, 8712 109 St NW, in celebrating the achievements of Edmonton’s artistic community, as they announce the order of the top three finalists in each discipline and distribute prizes of $10,000 to each of the winners, along with $1,000 to each of the runners-up. Enjoy food from Upper Crust Cafe and music from Maria Dunn while celebrating some of the best artists Edmonton has to offer!