At the 2015 David Billington Award presentation to Gil Cardinal, a legacy fund was announced. We are pleased to be able to share the details with you now.
Each year a grant valued at $2,500 will be awarded to an emerging aboriginal filmmaker to help make a demo for their first film, short film, web or television project. Applications are now open.
Deadline to submit is September 15, 2016.
- You are an emerging aboriginal filmmaker (producer or director) who resides in Alberta. This Grant is specifically intended to assist in preparation of a professional demo or sizzle reel that would enable a project to be considered for development for theatre, broadcast, mobile or web.
- Applicants must provide two letters of reference from accredited production professionals, from academic institutions or from supporters of their project.
- All submissions must include the following documents:
– A one page detailed synopsis that explains what the project is.
– A proposed schedule detailing how the demo will be developed.
– A proposed budget for the demo with any additional financial support clearly indicated
– A cover letter outlining your passion for this project
– Bio of applicant
- All genres except “reality” are eligible.
- Decisions will be made by a 3-person independent, arms-length, jury.
- Deadline for applications is September 15th with decisions announced no later than November 30, 2016.
- Priority will be given to well-written, professionally presented and properly organized submissions.