Canadian content can be remarkable but if no one sees or is aware of it, there’s a big problem.
The Watch Canada Roundtable Discussion will explore how to expand audiences and increase awareness of Canadian content in film, television and digital media. The best and the brightest of the broadcasting, production, distribution and content creator industries in Canada, along with members of the community, will be gathered to suggest ways to increase audience viewing on all visual platforms. Some discussion points:
- How can we engage, build a sense of ownership, pride and support of Canadian content through political, public, industry and private sector audiences?
- How can digital technology/platforms offer new opportunities to maximize public investment in content?
- What does it mean when ‘television’ viewing is on the rise but increasingly, the public wants to consume content anywhere, anytime and through a variety of media?
Participants will include:
- Valerie Creighton, President & CEO, Canada Media Fund
- Michael Hennessy, President and Chief Executive Officer, CMPA
- J. Joly, CEO & Founder, Overinteractive Media
- Dave Forget, Director, Business Affairs and Certification, Telefilm Canada
- Neil Campbell, COO/Partner, Landmark Cinemas
- Joe Novak (Moderator), President, AMPIA
The Watch Canada Roundtable Discussion will take place on October 27, 2012 from 9:30am – 11:30am in the Amber Ballroom of the Matrix Hotel in Edmonton, preceding the Billington Award Luncheon. The event is free to AMPIA members, ticket holders of the Billington Award Luncheon, and $10 to everyone else.
Please RSVP to email@example.com by Tuesday October 23, 4:00pm as seating is limited.
For participants’ biographies, please click here.